- 2 tbsp The Olive Organic Garlic Infused EVOO
- 1 tsp The Olive Sesame Infused EVOO
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 head napa cabbage, cored and leaves separated
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
In a sauté pan over medium heat, add garlic evoo, sesame evoo, ginger, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms begin to caramelize. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Add the pork, rice, carrot, green onions, pepper flakes, and 1 tbsp soy sauce to the bowl. Mix well until combined.
Lay a cabbage leaf onto your work surface, stem closest to you. Put roughly 1/4 cup of the pork mixture near the stem side of the leaf. Fold leaf around pork mixture like you are rolling a burrito. Place the roll, seam side down in a 9x9 baking dish. Repeat rolling cabbage leaves until all of the filling has been used.
In a small bowl, stir together the hoisin sauce and the remaining tablespoon of soy sauce together. Brush sauce over the cabbage rolls. Bake until the pork is cooked through, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.